Thursday, February 22, 2007

Blogger or WordPress

I have received a couple of e-mails asking me about my choice to use Blogger for the blog. The most common suggestion I received was to use WordPress instead.

I chose Blogger baesd on two criteria. The first is that the system is free. The fee structure for Typepad is something that I just did not want to deal with. I understand that WordPress is also a free service. The second reason I went with Blogger for this blog is that I am familiar with Blogger. My personal blog, Fester's Place was a Blogger site for three years, and I also write at another Blogger back-end site, Comments from Left Field. I know Blogger while I do not have any experience with WordPress.

However the experience reason is about the only unique differentiator between Blogger and WordPress from my point of view. Do you guys think WordPress will allow me to produce a better blog and communications medium for us?

No comments: